Tre Bien M'amor

Tre Bien M'amor

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Let's just fall in love again

The tree's rustled and whistled as the sweet summer wind swept through their vibrantly beautiful branches and caressed the tips of their leaves. My friend beside me began to pluck his guitar when the trees had begun their melodious chorus, creating the musings of love his fingers flowed up and down the fret as the strings gleamed in the summer sun. I closed my eyes ridding myself of the anxieties of the moment, the tightness of my throat and clouded visions of my mind cleared as I began to sing. I rehearsed it for hours, until my voice became hoarse and almost inaudible. This would be my last act of love for you, my last chance to change your mind and let your heart tell the truth.

The leaves cracked and crunched under your worn converse and the light bounced around your beautiful blond hair as it sashayed across your face while you walked into the park. Head down and hands in your pockets, I knew the last thing you wanted to do was look at me and have to make your decision. My friend played louder, coating the crowd and their raucous chatter in a familiar sound. Tapping my foot on the aged wood of the table, feeling it's dense and dusty complexion, I mirrored the beat and shut out the world, all except wonderful you and the song to save our love. Hands clasped tight in stress I threw it all to chance and continued to sing.

Lifting my head, from the ground I see you looking now, curious as to what is erupting from the crowd of people. The song and the sound were comfortable and calming to you, coming from the depths of a place you know all too well. I started to stand feeling more confident and needing to see that gorgeous face I had come to love so dearly. Jumping upon the top of the picnic table stealing the attention of everyone present I just let the emotion take over, the flooding uncontrollable rush of fear and flying. I closed my eyes and just let loose, the tempo picked up and I began to smile as I swayed to the song. I began to leap from table to table each inevitable lunge a proclamation to the risk I was taking to win you over, all over again.

The acoustic twang of his guitar followed close behind me, lifting me over the crowd, the uncertainty, and the doubtful persuasion of the unfortunate possibilities. So I faced it head on, I stared into your vibrant blue eyes, the engaging sapphire gems that made my heart pound and made my hands shake like tremors of the earth. You would never know it though, my smile was too big and my singing was too cheerful for you to realize what I was working toward could possibly plunge me into the hell of a broken heart. I sat directly face to face with you, your sleeve smothering what I hoped to be a bright smile in pitch black nonexistence. I began to play with the words moving from side to side as I motioned out the lyrics with my hands as I sung them as loud and as heart felt as possible never letting my eyes glance away from yours.

As the song began to reach its final lines I saw it, the way you squinted your eyes that always told me you were happy. So I walked up close to you, letting my emotions connect to yours, and I whispered the final lyric in your ear "so let's just fall in love again." I wiped away those golden locks and kissed your smooth porcelain forehead, sweetly lingering a second to let the moment take effect and then walked away. Hands in my pockets and my crimson red hood pulled tight over my head I walked to the bridge not too far from where I left you standing in certain shock and hopeful surprise. As I came near to placing my foot on the bridge feeling the slight creak of the worn wood as three kids joyfully ran past unleashing a symphony of squeaking while I smiled at their energetic state of play. Before I could take that step you ran into me, wrapping your arms around me so tight it were as if I was marching off to war, to die. As I stood there smiling in relief like I had never known and feeling the accumulation of your tears gathering in my sweatshirt I heard you faintly say "I'm sorry for thinking that my love for you was ever a lie…" So I unclasped your hands, wrenched so tight that they had become pink and turned around to see your pretty, rosy face turned unhappily red from the tears as I went to hold you close, but before I did anything I touched my head to yours and said "good, cause I'm not sorry for loving you."

I looked deep into your eyes as my heart broke the threshold of its potential, the dam that was my will power shattered into pieces. I picked you up, holding you tight with one arm as the other lifted you toward my embrace. I kissed you with a deep ravenous passion like I had never known before and at that moment as I cried from joy and felt your hands grab my sweatshirt, the wind blew off my hood and made the trees and sun dance almost in approval and utter bliss of what took place just then, nearly screaming to the two of us that it was never supposed to end just yet. Holding you with boundless strength and feeling as though our passion had attained new depths, the only thought that passed through my mind was "this is love, all over again…"

No comments:

Post a Comment